Increased performance on the water, and easier to manage on dry land, the Scorpio MKII MV in CoreLite X suits even more paddlers’ needs.
CoreLite X construction brings the Scorpio MKII’s performance even closer to that of its composite brother, the Cetus; you’ll notice the reduced weight and greater stiffness straight away, but you’ll really come to appreciate it when you’re committed to an expedition and every last bit of energy counts.
A further increase in durability also means that individuals can explore rocky coastlines and shallow bays with absolute confidence, professional users will enjoy a reliable and responsive working platform with an impressive lifespan, and centres can give their clients something that’s exciting and encourages progression without excessive fleet replacement or maintenance costs.
The Scorpio shares the same progressive hull profile as the Cetus, transitioning seamlessly from a slender bow to a highly stable, slight ‘V’ body with rounded chines, giving a smooth ride and effortless control in all conditions; generous bow rocker means that the Scorpio MKII also runs with the waves like no other polyethylene sea kayak out there.
Building on the legacy of the original Scorpio, the Scorpio MKII has retained the same essence that makes it the sea kayak trusted most by paddlers across the globe, with just minor tweaks to the hull profile for improved stability in waves and when kayak sailing, and a deck redesigned around the requirements of modern sea kayaking.
The back deck volume has been reduced and the cockpit rim profile lowered to provide easy rolling and smooth re-entry, and the bow deck profile has been tweaked slightly to provide more comfortable connectivity around the knees and allow a sail to lay flat against the boat when not in use. Drainage has also been improved around the hatch covers, and the hatch rims themselves angled slightly to improve access, particularly when loading longer items such as tents.
With a whole plethora of other additions such as recesses for secure split paddle storage, moulded-in inserts to take a kayak sail mast foot, and the option of a standard skeg or the revolutionary Skudder system, no other polyethylene sea kayak on the market is as fully featured and ready for adventure as this.
- Designed around open water expeditions but equally suited to day trip exploration.
- CoreLite X construction; all the benefits of CoreLite plus a 2-3kg weight reduction, increased stiffness and greater durability
- Bungee-retained, ergonomic toggle handles for comfortable carrying and safe rescues.
- Market-leading KajakSport hatch covers throughout.
- Available with Skeg or the revolutionary Skudder system.
- Versatile, 4-Hatch design; Bow, Stern, Day and Pod (lightly angled for easier access).
- Moulded-in fittings for fast and simple installation of the P&H sail systems.
- Lightweight and highly durable bow and double-stern foam bulkheads.
- Form-fitting, 5-point adjustment; seat trim, foot pegs, hip pads, thigh grips and backrest.
- Skeg slider positioned on deck to avoid interference with high angle paddle strokes.
- Low profile back deck and cockpit rim for easy rolling and re-entry.
- Split paddle and compass recesses on forward deck.
- High strength, full deck lines and bungees for ample storage and rescue options.
- Textured P&H logo on deck and hull.
Tehniskie dati (LV/MV/HV)
Optimālā kravnesība: 50-110/65-125/75-135kg